By making an appointment with the Writing and Study Guidance tutorial service, I confirm the following.
I agree to the following about my work:
- To send in any work that I would like to focus on, along with any essay titles or departmental instructions, the day before my tutorial.
- That, prior to my appointment, I will reread my work in order to determine a particular question or concern to take up during the session.
I agree to the following about cancellations, missed appointments, double booking and skype tutorials
- That if I need to rearrange or cancel, I will do so at least one full working day before my appointment using the 'Manage booking' link in the confirmation email.
- That if I do not give due notice before cancelling, I shall only be able to book another tutorial by email at the discretion of Learning Development.
- That I shall not book more than one tutorial at a time. Any subsequent tutorial appointments will be automatically cancelled.
- That I shall book a Skype tutorial only when it is physically very difficult to make it to campus.
I understand that...
- The tutorials are not a proofreading or copyediting service. My tutor will not read through my paper line by line and fix grammatical errors.
- My tutor is there to help me learn how to improve my own work, not to improve it for me.
- My tutorial will last 50 minutes, with an extra 10 minutes set aside at the end for feedback and consolidation.
- My tutorial is limited to the one hour time slot I have booked, even if I arrive late.
- If I arrive more than 15 minutes late, my appointment may be cancelled and I shall have to book another.
For more information on our tutorial service, please see these FAQs.