OUR DROP-IN SERVICE PROVIDES ON-THE-SPOT GUIDANCE AND TIPS
Please note: Our Drop-in service is closed during the vacation. The last Drop-in for the Spring term is on Tuesday, 26th March, 2019. Our Drop-in Service is closed during the summer, but will resume in early October, 2019.
However, our bookable One-to-One Tutorial Service is open throughout the holiday period (except for Good Friday & Easter Monday) and will continue right up until the middle of August.
So - if you would like our guidance, go to our Tutorials page (the one with the two owls!)
Tuesday afternoons during term time, 14:00 - 17:00.
You do not need an appointment, just come along with a your questions.
Room 5, First Floor West, Mile End Library
How long do I have?
We aim to give you a minimum of 20 minutes at a drop-in. To make the most of the time, you need to come to a drop-in with specific questions. If we are busy when you arrive, we can take your name and give you a time to come back.
How can I make the most of the session?
Come with a specific question about your work. At a drop-in, we cannot read your whole essay, but we can:
- have a close look at a paragraph in your reading or writing that's bothering you
- explain a knotty point of grammar or vocabulary use
- unpack a piece of tutor feedback that you don't know how to apply
- give you tips on how to answer exam questions and revise
- make suggestions for your presentation
- explain a specific point about referencing
- let you know whether another service can help you further
We hope to see you soon!